Thursday, September 4, 2008

Baby Scrapbook






Hey, I've created a scrapbook for a new mom-to-be. The baby is due on Sat. but they went today! I have been made fun of because my scrapbook pages usually turn out to be green. I can't seem to help that. I was fortunate on this book, the nursery colors are green and purple! Yeah me! Hopefully the mom will put some pictures in this book. We shall see.
I used some stick-on gems on the first page. I love them but they were kind of a pain to put on. You have to hold your mouth just right. I used various stickers and an idea from CM on the next pages. The 3rd set of pages I used some...... GREEN..... buttons that a friend had given me. They are bulky so I used the same layout to keep the bulk down when the book is closed. Pretty simple on the next 2 layouts. I stamped 'Baby Girl' on some squares and stuck'm down. I used some ABC stickers on the next set. I love these stickers and they came from the $ Tree. We LOVE the lipstick, shoe, purse brads on the next pages. I don't know what I would do without my SU punches either. I embossed on the flowers and raised them up with pop-dots. If you look closely at the flowers the centers look like smiley faces. The purple border is kind of hard to see. I used a fiskers punch to make it look like lace. And last but not least, just a few swirl stickers and a bow. I kind-a like doing a book like this. You don't have to worry if the pictures match or not. I plan on taking this to her after the baby gets here. I will see if I can find a green pen to put in the bag so that she can journal! The album came from Michaels. I seem to have a dot thing going on right now!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

SOooooo i pretty much love this! Great job! I think my favorite parts were the buttons (are those fabric covered?), the Alphabet stickers (they look so cute and vintagey from here i can't believe they're from Dollar Tree!), and the Fiskars lace. I'm sure she's going to LOVE it! I just really REALLY hope the Dr.s weren't wrong and it comes out a boy! Uh oh! That would be a fun scrapbook to see afterward. haha

Hey...ummmm...how do you feel about punching me out some of that lace and mailing it to me? hahahaha. I'd like it in white/beige, black, brown, or light pink. K thanks. hahaha.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!