Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Project

Each year at church we put together a small gift for the widows and the shut-ins. This year I was in charge. I have a very cute cooler that looks like a beach bag. I tried to find something like that to use this year. I found the bargain of the year. Reef bags! They came in 3 colors. Brown, tan, and hot pink. The price said $3.99 but when I got to the check-out line they were only $3.19. I made bows for them and the ladies at church collected items to go in them.
I loved what we put in them. We had: Winter paper plates & napkins, candy dish, hard candy, gum, coffee mug and small coffee, puzzle book, magnetic notepad, pen, chapstick, and 2 year planner. Unfortunately we had 3 new widows this year. A women and her daughter-in-law, and my mother-in-law. Although these women are not "in-need", it is nice that we can give them a token of our love!

No comments: